Sunday, February 8, 2009

Volcano's!

Living in Lassen County, we are surrounded by ancient volcano's and lava rock is EVERYWHERE. Last week my mom, sister, nephew, my kids, and I spent a day at McArthur-Burney State Park and the little town of McCloud. We had some wonderful views of Mt. Lassen and Mt. Lassen, the southernmost volcano's in the Cascade Mountain Range.

Mt. Lassen from Highway 44

Mt. Lassen from highway 89

Mt. Shasta from Highway 44

Mt. Shasta from highway 89


Mt. Shasta from Hoo Hoo Park in McCloud, CA.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! They are just so crisp :) I love your photography!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! I love the mountains!

I got to thinking about my upcoming one year anniversary on my blog and couldn't remember what day I had started it, which was April 11th, and found that you had left a comment on my very 1st post!
In this last year, I've gotten to know so many different bloggers and seen the world through their eyes & it's been great! I just wanted to stop by & say Hi to you and thank you for welcoming me into the blogging world!
I'm going to add you to my blog roll!

Thanks again!

Tammie Lee said...

Beautiful mountains and photos of them. Hope you had a wonderful time!

JuneMoonToon said...

Great pictures. I took some more of Mt. Lassen last weekend to post, LOL. And the sky - we truly do live in scenic country. Have to have that camera nearby anytime I'm out of the house!

I love the frosty grass pictures in the post below this one. They are wonderful.